Tennis Strategies and Tactics

The Difference Between Tennis Strategies and Tactics

Tennis Strategies and Tactics

Tennis Strategies and Tactics
Image by osde8info

Definitions of Strategy and Tactic

Strategy: “What” you are going to do.
Tactic: “How” you are going to get it done.

Tennis Strategies and Tactics will vary based on the style of the player, but a player that knows their own style and then practices strategies and tactics that compliments each other will usually be more successful than players that just react to each ball on at a time. Basically, efficient use of strategies and tactics during a tennis match is similar to running plays on the court that have been practiced to perfection.

Examples of Strategies and Tactics

Baseliner Strategy: Force Errors or Short Balls that can be attacked for winners.
Tactics for Baseliner Strategy: Use Depth, Power, and Angle to force Errors and utilize a weapon like powerful flat forehand to end the point on Short Balls.

At this point, you should know the difference between Tennis Tactics and Strategies. Just remember: A strategy is “What” you are going to do, and  tactics are “How” you are going to get it done.

, ,

6 Responses to Tennis Strategies and Tactics

1. Oscar April 6, 2014 at 9:32 am #

That is a great description of strategies and tactics. Please keep doing what you do. Love your style of writing.

• David Evans April 10, 2014 at 6:06 pm #

Thanks for the positive feedback Oscar. Your support is encouraging me to keep going for sure!
      Thanks again, David

2. Will July 14, 2012 at 6:54 am #

Very easy to understand and in a way that is very easy to remember. Love your work!

• David Evans July 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

Will,
      Thanks for the positive feedback. It is nice to know that people are finding my information useful.
      Have a nice day, David Evans

3. Heather July 7, 2012 at 8:10 am #

I have found your site very useful and I have viewed most everything you have on here. My son is surely going to love all the education you offer on this site. I never knew the difference between strategy and tactics.

• David Evans July 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

Heather, Glad that I could help you understand the difference between strategies and tactics. Let me know if you need more information or have any questions about tennis that I can help you get answered, and I will do the best I can to get them answered for you in a way that you can put to use right away.
      Thanks, David